Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Lint in Literature: The First Affair by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus

I recently read The First Affair by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus (of The Nanny Diaries fame). This novel was a fictional look at affairs women (young girls really) have with the President of the United States. I was pleasantly surprised; this book didn't just deal with the affair but largely with the aftermath of such a decision by both parties. 

It mostly was seen from the young intern's point of view and was handled very well. The character Jamie McAlister was idealistic and totally fooled, but I don't want to give too much away. Read it! I think anyone would love this smart look at the inner workings of politics today.

This little snippet about lint was in the book:

"Harrisburg? God, no." He considered for a second. "I thought there'd be more camaraderie. I thought join the government, join the campaign, share a common vision, a cause." He picked lint off his slim-cut cords. "But people suck everywhere, I guess."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Earn Money Searching Online