Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lint in Literature: The Little Giant of Aberdeen County

I'm reading The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker, and I'm loving it! 
 

It's the story of Truly Plaice, a solid girl who grows up to be a solid woman. She's not exactly a giant, but she's taller and bigger than most men. And she's ugly (that's not my word; that's how the author describes her). Her sister, Serena Jane, on the other hand is small and beautiful.

The other night, while reading along, I was thrilled to come across this lint phrase:

"Really, Truly," Serena Jane said, flicking a piece of lint off her cardigan, bored with my fantasies, "you might at least acknowledge that you're female."

Have you read this book? I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Earn Money Searching Online